New Features and Updates
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC takes full advantage of the power of the PC to bring every corner of this massive, rich and detailed world to life from the windswept snowy peaks of the Grizzly Mountains to the dusty roads of Lemoyne; from the mud-spattered storefronts of Valentine to the cobbled streets of St Denis. New graphical and technical enhancements for deeper immersion include increased draw distances for better navigation; higher quality global illumination and ambient occlusion for improved day and night lighting; higher quality snow trails, improved reflections and deeper, higher resolution shadows at all distances; tessellated tree textures and improved grass and fur textures for added realism in every plant and animal.
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC also offers HDR support, the ability to run high-end display setups with 4K resolution and beyond, multi-monitor configurations, widescreen configurations, faster frame rates and more.
In addition to the technical enhancements, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC brings additional updates to the world of Story Mode, including:
3 New Bounty Hunter Missions:
- Herman Zizendorf has been stealing tools from tradesmen – track him down in Blackwater.
- Ex-Confederate Cavalry Officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive out by Catfish Jacksons, but his loyal men are never far behind.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camping out in Big Valley. Take Bart dead or alive without alerting his gang if you want to avoid a whole mess of trouble.
2 New Gang Hideouts:
- Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang in new hideouts at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly
New Weapons for Story Mode including:
- M1899 Pistol – all-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
- Evans Repeater – high capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- High Roller Revolver – ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Le Mat Revolver – powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
2 New Treasure Maps:
- Search for treasures across the new Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail maps for gold bars and other rewards.
New Horses for Story Mode including:
- Warped Brindle Arabian – a fast and agile mount
- Few Spot Appaloosa – beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys
- Perlino Andalusian – a healthy, sturdy animal ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Red Chestnut Arabian – a fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Plus 3 new wild horse variations – keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker
5 New Trinkets to collect with new effects:
- Hawk Talon – permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
- Cat Eye – permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
- Shark Tooth – permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
- Turtle Shell – permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
- Crow Beak – permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
New mission «To The Ends of The Earth – collect requested herbs for a range of rewards
Plus, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC includes a new Photo Mode, with an assortment of tools to unlock the beauty of the frontier in Story Mode. Capture images with free form camera movement and add Filters, Stickers or Text then upload them to Social Club to share with the community.
Red Dead Online
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC also includes free access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online featuring all previously released improvements and the latest content for the complete online experience including Frontier Pursuits and the specialist Roles of Bounty Hunter, Trader and Collector for players to progress through to earn unique rewards.
And keep an eye out for ongoing updates to the world of Red Dead Online – like new game modes, additions to the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue, weekly bonuses and more. For more details, visit the Red Dead Online site.